Princes Gate Water is a family run spring water bottling plant in West Wales employing 50 members of staff.
In 2006 the company moved to a purpose built factory next to the farm and spring.
The site produces a number of products from the spring including spring water, flavoured water and multipacks. Princess Gate supplies own brand and a range of national supermarket chains.
Environmental standards have always been a priority to the company and in 2020 Princess Gate was certified to level 5 of the Green Dragon environmental accreditation.
Environmental improvements demonstrated by the company over recent years include:
- £1.5million investment in onsite into installation of bottle blow in-house rather than shipping from 3rd party manufacture (reduction in raw material PET truck loads from 1000 to 50 per year).
- Installation of two wind turbines and solar panels Onsite renewable electricity generation produces nearly the same amount as onsite electricity consumption.
- £500,000 investment in three-phase electricity removing polluting diesel generators.
- Reduction in packaging (via the PET and bottle cap) by 15%
- Operate an on-site bio-diversification programme with Tir Gofal.
- Offering client rPET bottles being offered to clients with 25% recycled content.
- Working with hauliers to ensure reduce part loads.
- Air compressors leak detection being undertaken.
- Commissioned carbon emissions monitoring.
- Manufacture on a fully soil association accredited site.