Your pathway to net-zero
The UK Government has committed to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050; making the actions of businesses more crucial than ever before.
Our expert environmental consultants will work with you, utilising industry leading tools, to calculate and forecast a comprehensive pathway for your business to reach net-zero emissions.
Research from the Harvard Business Review suggests that businesses with strategies focused on carbon reduction see significant benefits elsewhere in the business, including increased innovation, competitiveness, risk management, and growth; making carbon management an essential part of business.
So whether you’re just starting out with a carbon management plan, looking to undertake a formal climate review or you simply want to take some positive actions to help tackle the Climate Emergency, we can help.
What are the benefits of managing your carbon ?
- Our environmental consultants can help you to reduce your carbon and achieve net-zero emissions whilst also maintaining profitability.
- Reaching net-zero will open up a number of sales opportunities to your business and be a stand out feature in your businesses marketing.
- It’s likely your business will experience cost savings from energy efficiency measures introduced through the carbon management process.
- In addition, nearly 40% of millennials chose their employer based on their sustainability practices, making your carbon management an essential feature in attracting your workforce of the future.
What is the carbon management process?
Our environmental consultants will support your business with the carbon management process, through the use of the following steps:
- Establishing a baseline – by measuring your current carbon footprint our consultant will be able to identify areas for improvement for your business to focus on.
- Set targets – our consultants understand SMART carbon management objectives. Their experience will help your business to understand what targets are achievable based on the resources you have available.
- Monitor – record keeping is essential when managing your carbon to track progress. Our industry leading tools will ensure all the data you need is at hand.
- Adapt – carbon management is a continual improvement process; recommendations can continue to be made. Our consultants can even help you go beyond net zero, looking to a climate positive future where your business seeks to remove additional carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
Our carbon management services:
- Carbon footprinting
- Benchmarking against others in your sector
- Identifying areas of good practice
- Identifying opportunities for improvement
- Prioritisation of carbon actions
- Cost benefit analysis
- Change management within your business
- Providing external assurance for carbon reporting
- Support with the implementation and management of PAS 2060 specification on how to demonstrate carbon neutrality
How we deliver carbon management services:
Just like your business, our carbon management services are bespoke.
Our environmental consultants will spend time learning about your businesses operational processes and ambitions and offer guidance on how to design and implement systems that work for you.
We can provided carbon management services through a variety of means, including on-site reviews and distance, desk-based support.
Groundwork is a charity who recognise the important role businesses play in the community, that’s why we’re keen to build long term relationship with the organisations we work with.
We want to help you to continually improve your carbon management processes and can provide you with ongoing reviews or annual audit assessments depending on your needs.
“As a company we want to improve our environmental performance and the support and advice we have received from Groundwork has really helped us to reduce our CO2 emissions and generate cost savings”
Roger Lewin, Managing Director, Starkey Labs