An environmental accreditation is the perfect way to demonstrate your business’s commitment to the environment.
That’s why we developed the Green Dragon quality standard, an environmental accreditation which demonstrates your business’s immediate commitment to the environment, and allows you to develop a more robust Environmental Management System over time.
What is the Green Dragon Environmental Accreditation?
Green Dragon was developed by Groundwork’s Sustainable Business Consultants as an environmental accreditation awarded to businesses that take action to understand, monitor and control their impacts on the environment.
Unlike ISO 14001, Green Dragon is operated on a staged based system, allowing your business to progress in your own time and in line with your needs and requirements through levels 1-5, starting at any point.
At Level 5 the Green Dragon standard is equivalent to ISO 14001 and is a cost effective, staged approach to achieving a UKAS accredited quality standard.
Your business will be assessed against your preferred level and when it meets the standard, will be awarded certification for the full year and, depending on the level reached, will be able to use the Green Dragon quality mark on your marketing materials and tender documentation.
Benefits of the Green Dragon Environmental Accreditation:
By having an environment accreditation in place, your business will experience a number of benefits;
- You will be able to demonstrating a commitment to environmental protection to your stakeholders
- Your business will likely reduce operational running costs
- Your business will minimise it’s environmental risks
- Your business can improve its competitiveness and tendering scores
Levels of Accreditation
The environmental accreditation levels for Green Dragon are as follows:
- Level 1: Your business has committed to an Environmental Management System
- Level 2: Your business understands your environmental responsibilities
- Level 3: Your business manages environmental impacts
- Level 4: Your business has an Environmental Management Programme in place
- Level 5: Your business is committed to continual environmental improvement
Certification lasts one year.
As a UKAS Accredited Inspection Body we guarantee that the accreditation process is carried out to international standards, in a competent and impartial manner, by suitably qualified and experienced auditors.
Our consultants are available to provide relevant support to help you meet the standard.
“The Green Dragon Environmental accreditation provided us with a relatively simple way of obtaining an environmental management standard. Following the Green Dragon standards ensures we are working against the required legislation and that our business is managed to ensure the protection of the environment. Since the implementation of Green Dragon, we have been awarded several tenders”
Joanna Mordecai, Operations Director, Argies Coffee