The Celtic Manor Resort is a 5 star golf, spa and leisure hotel and resort in Newport, South Wales.
Joel Kirby is the Energy and Environmental Manager at the hotel and has led a number of environmental initiatives which have resulted in the Green Dragon level 3 accreditation being retained since 2017.
Environmental improvements include:
- Fitting over 10,000 low-wattage and LED bulbs
- Installation of timed heating, lighting and cooling equipment based on room occupation
- Segregation of waste types at source enabling them to recycle more and divert from landfill
- Locally sourced ingredients from responsible suppliers used in their kitchen
- 100% self-sustained irrigation system on all three of their resort golf courses
“We are delighted to have regained our Green Dragon Level 3 award after many years. This year has been a great success for the Celtic Manor Resort’s environmental initiatives and the whole team deserves massive credit for getting involved and making a real difference. We’ll continue to improve and look for new ways to be as environmentally friendly as possible in the future.”Joel Kirby, Energy and Environmental Manager, Celtic Manor Resort