Value chain or ‘Scope 3’ greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions arise from an organisation’s upstream (e.g. supply chain) and downstream (e.g. product/service delivery) activities.
Although these are often complex to address, these emissions should be included within your Carbon Footprint and carbon reporting to meet credible net-zero targets.
How we can help
Groundwork’s Sustainability Consultants can help you to:
- Map out and evaluate GHG emissions across your organisation’s value chain (in line with GHG Protocol Scope 3 guidance and Science-Based Targets Initiative)
- Establish the significant Scope 3 categories
- Identify emissions hotspots and assess the available data
- Implement and refine data collection processes
- Engage with your suppliers and provide a framework to support them to quantify and reduce their direct emissions through participation in our Local Sustainability Networks
- Calculate and report on all included GHG emissions across Scope 1, Scope 2 and Scope 3 (direct and indirect emissions)
- Identify and report on required emissions for your Carbon Reduction Plan (in line with government procurement requirements such as PPN 06/21)
- Support your organisation to identify short-, mid- and long-term carbon reduction and net-zero targets